A place for me to post things that I think about.
A place to post the changes that have occurred on this little island since I first arrived almost two decades ago.

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

First Real Post

Me and this blog. I am an expat living in Japan. Of course living overseas is nothing ground breaking and I don't think it makes solely the best and most interesting blog. Even living on this overcrowded ethnocentric island isn't that note worthy. But seeing as I've lived here for quite some time I think I have collected enough unusual stories and experiences to make for a semi interesting, first attempt at a blog.

I am not sure who my target readers are but I think I can generalize. I would hope that my blog would be read by people wanting a further insight into living in Japan. I hope that some other expats might find the stories that I share amusing. And even if the occasional Japanese person reads  and understands my writings they might get a better knowledge of the expats living in Japan and some ideas as to the daily challenges that they face.

Over the past eighteen years I have gone from living in a shoebox sized room in the "ghetto" of Osaka to building a house in the suburbs of Nara. So most of my ramblings will be centered on living in the Kansai region of Japan.