A place for me to post things that I think about.
A place to post the changes that have occurred on this little island since I first arrived almost two decades ago.

Friday, November 16, 2012

All-You-Can-Eat Whoppers



30 minutes to get your fill. 30 minutes is not enough time for greatness. 

Burger King Japan is at it again. Since their big return to Japan five years ago they have come up with some amazing deals to set them apart from other fast food restaurants. One of the past deals was 15 extra strips of bacon for 100 yen (83 cents). This lead to one Japanese fanatic ordering a whopper with 1050 extra strips. (Extra bacon Whopper)

This time around BK Japan is offering “all you can eat” deals when you order a large burger combo. They have put in a lot of rules to this deal to prevent people from killing themselves with a beefy overdose but if you’re hungry this definitely a good way to stuff yourself.

Starting November 17th and running until November 30th when you order 1 of 5 large burger combos you have the option of starting the “BiKing” (see side note) campaign. All you have to do is return your wrapper and receipt to the register and you can get another burger (fries, rings, drink also). You now have 30 minutes to eat as much as you want. 

The type of burger you can order under this special plan is spread out over the two week span. From the 17th to the 21st it is the “Black Whopper” (made with bamboo charcoal and squid ink). From the 22nd to the 30th it’s the regular Whopper, Double Whopper, and the Fresh Avocado Whopper.
I’m a big fan of Burger King. I’ve gone to some great lengths to get a Whopper. Up until 18 months ago the only way for me to get my fill was a long trip to Tokyo or to fly to another BK friendly country. But because of this long yearning for Whoppers I have come to revere them more. Rather than spend 30 minutes gorging myself on 3 or 4 Whoppers I think I’d prefer to savor just one….or two…..with 15 extra pieces of bacon.

Side note: “Baikin” in Japanese means buffet. It is a bastardization of English. Buffet = Smorgasbord= Viking= Baikin(phonetic)= BiKing.